What is the composition of e-liquid or e-juice? What is e-liquid or e-juice?
E-cigarettes are generally composed of a host and an electronic atomizer. E-liquid is the liquid filled into the electronic atomizer. After the smoke oil is atomized and heated, it forms a mist that is inhaled by body.
What are the components of e-liquid?
E-liquids are generally composed of five types of raw materials. They are PG (propylene glycol), VG (vegetable glycerin, also known as glycerin), essence, nicotine salt, and additives.
1. PG (Propylene Glycol), also known as propylene glycol, is a common drug and food additive. Hygroscopic, slightly sweet, colorless, odorless, transparent liquid with good fluidity. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) defines PG as generally safe for humans. As one of the basic components of e-liquid, PG is mainly used as a carrier of essence to enhance the taste of e-liquid. After heating, it will produce a small amount of mist with a certain throat hit feeling. It also has the function of diluting VG to reduce the viscosity of the e-liquid and facilitate the oil conduction. E-liquid with high PG content generally has a thicker taste, a slightly stronger throat hit, and a relatively smaller amount of smoke.
2. VG (Vegetable Glycerin), also known as vegetable glycerin or glycerin. Like PG, it is also a raw material widely used in daily life. We look at the cosmetics, food, wine, and sugar around them. The ingredients marked on these packages all have propylene glycol and glycerin. People who especially like sweets eat a lot of VG. Because the ingredients of these sweets such as cakes and biscuits mostly contain VG. The main function of VG in e-liquid is to generate mist.
VG will produce a lot of mist after being heated. Generally, people who use too large mist or drop oil atomizer should know that to increase the volume of mist, it is necessary to use refined oil and add a large amount of VG to produce the ideal mist. VG is highly hygroscopic and very viscous. If the fluidity of an e-liquid is poor, it must have a high VG ratio. This kind of e-liquid has a lot of smoke, a slightly weaker flavor, and a slightly weaker throat hit.
3. Essence, the role of essence in e-liquid is very important, it can be said to be the soul of e-liquid. The flavor of e-liquid is determined by the essence. The combination of different flavors and flavors and the ratio determine the flavor of an e-liquid. Generally, e-liquids with unique flavors have very complicated flavor formulas. Some special flavors, such as peppermint, also have a throat hit.
4. The main function of nicotine salt (mainly nicotine) is to relieve smoking addiction and produce a throat hit. And it has a certain effect of improving the taste of smoke oil. The e-liquid contains tobacco extracts, and the concentration is not high.
The common nicotine concentration of e-liquid is 0mg, 6mg, 13mg, and 18mg. The larger the number, the higher the concentration of nicotine per milliliter of e-liquid, and the stronger the throat hit. Of course, the entrance is also more choking. Most people feel the best when using 6mg e-liquid, which can meet their needs, has a good throat hit, and is not choking.
5. Additives, including sweeteners, sour agents, throat emollients, deionized water (distilled water), etc. The main function is to improve the taste of e-liquid and make up for the lack of flavor. For example, some flavors of e-liquid will be slightly bitter and sour, and sweeteners can be added to improve the taste. The role of deionized water is mainly used to dilute VG. Some e-liquids do not contain PG, and VG is very viscous, which will cause poor oil conduction in some oil storage atomizers. In order to maintain the ratio of pure VG, add deionized water to dilute VG to improve fluidity. Pure water, mineral water, and ordinary tap water are prohibited from being added to e-liquid. Because the water contains ions, and the ions are conductive, if they are added to the e-liquid and then added to the atomizer, a short circuit will occur, causing the device to fail to work, while deionized water and distilled water are non-conductive.
What is the fragrance of the e-liquid?
The aroma of e-liquid is mainly determined by the essence. The combination of different flavors and flavors and the ratio determine the flavor of an e-liquid. Generally, e-liquids with unique flavors have very complicated flavor formulas. There are some special flavors, such as "peppermint", which also have a throat hit.