Nowadays, electronic cigarettes are well-known by many consumers. As a consumable during the use of electronic cigarettes, vape pods have naturally entered everyone's vision. The mainstream vape pods are mainly composed of mouthpiece, airway, oil storage compartment, atomization core, and electrode column.
Mouthpiece: the outlet for the smoke, where users inhale the smoke, has a certain impact on the user's comfort during use;
Airway: the transmission channel of smoke, which has an important influence on the production and control of condensate;
Oil storage compartment: the storage space for vape juice, equivalent to the fuel tank of a car, determining how long a pod can be used for;
Atomization core: the core component for heating and atomizing the vape juice, which determines the product's performance, taste, and user experience;
Electrode column: connected to the battery pole to supply power to the atomization core.
What are the main components of an e-cigarette cartridge?
E-cigarette cartridges, also known as vape pods, are composed of several key components: mouthpiece, airflow channel, e-liquid reservoir, atomizer coil, and electrode.
The main ingredient that determines the taste and flavor of an e-cigarette is the e-liquid. E-liquids typically consist of five major ingredients: propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG), flavorings, tobacco extracts, and nicotine salts.
1. PG, or propylene glycol, is a commonly used pharmaceutical and food additive. It is a colorless, odorless, and slightly sweet liquid that has good flowability and moisture absorption. PG is often used as a carrier for flavorings in e-liquids, enhancing the taste and providing a throat hit. E-liquids with higher PG content tend to have a thicker mouthfeel, a stronger throat hit, and produce less vapor.
2. VG, or vegetable glycerin, is another widely used ingredient in everyday products, such as cosmetics, food, and drinks. It is a colorless, odorless, and sweet-tasting liquid that is responsible for producing vapor in e-cigarettes. VG is highly hygroscopic and viscous, and produces large amounts of vapor when heated. E-liquids with higher VG content tend to produce larger clouds of vapor, but may have a less distinct throat hit.
In summary, the main components of an e-cigarette cartridge are the mouthpiece, airflow channel, e-liquid reservoir, atomizer coil, and electrode. The e-liquid itself is composed of PG, VG, flavorings, tobacco extracts, and nicotine salts, which determine the taste, flavor, and vapor production of the e-cigarette.
3. Flavoring agents, also known as essence, play a crucial role in e-cigarette liquid and can be considered the soul of the liquid. The taste of e-cigarette liquid is determined by the flavoring agents. The combination and proportion of different flavoring agents determine the flavor of a particular e-cigarette liquid. The flavoring formula of e-cigarette liquid with a unique taste is usually very complex. Some special flavoring agents, such as "mint," also have a throat-hit sensation.
4. Tobacco extracts are often used in traditional cigarettes to enhance the aroma and enrich the blend of leaves, making the smoke more full-bodied. In tobacco-flavored e-liquid products, tobacco extracts serve as the main tobacco flavoring substance, which largely restores the natural tobacco flavor.
5. Nicotine salt (mainly composed of nicotine) mainly functions to relieve nicotine cravings and produce a throat-hit sensation. It also plays a role in improving the taste of e-cigarette liquid. The concentration of nicotine in e-cigarette liquid is generally available in 0mg, 6mg, 12mg, and 18mg. The new national standard for e-cigarettes stipulates that the nicotine content in e-cigarette liquid should not exceed 20mg/g. The higher the number, the higher the concentration of nicotine per milliliter of e-cigarette liquid, and the stronger the throat-hit sensation. Of course, the higher concentration may cause irritation to the throat.
Does the electronic cigarette cartridge contain nicotine and tar?
Whether electronic cigarette cartridges contain nicotine depends on the composition of the e-liquid inside. Typically, the nicotine content is indicated in milligrams on the packaging and may or may not be included in the cartridge. However, the e-liquid in the cartridge does not contain tar.